From the forest to our factory floor, we strive to make each step of the process as environmentally sensitive as possible
Because it’s not just about the end product – a stunning and highly durable timber door or window for someone’s home.
So much about what we do is connected to so many livelihoods.
We source most of our timber from one of the world’s leading lumber suppliers, Interfor, that has world leading standards when it comes to environment management and safety. They have been recognised by the United Nations and the World Wildlife Fund for their environmental practices.
Our offcuts are given free of charge to 2 worthy causes:
- Building of bee boxes for stingless native bees which are bringing back the fruit and flowers in Brisbane backyards, and enable people to collect their own honey.
- The Men’s Shed organisation which works with the community to promote men’s health. And from time to time, we pass on offcuts to other timber enthusiasts.
We use only water based, environmentally sensitive paints and stains to seal our timbers prior to leaving the factory. This way we ensure greater protection of our products but also minimise the use of unnecessary chemicals being applied to product and being flushed down the drain.
Most of our sawdust is saved and collected by local horse stables to maintain clean homes and fresh flooring for their animals.
By choosing timber products from Eden Made you can feel good knowing:
- Timber is a renewable resource sustainably harvested and reforested
- It absorbs greenhouse gases during its rapid growth
- It permanently sequesters carbon in the finished product
- It has a minimal ecological footprint as documented in life cycle assessment reports
- Timber comes from a safe supply chain; no mining, drilling, or fracking
- There are no mining/energy intensive smelting (aluminium) or oil refining/petro-chemicals (vinyl & fiberglass)
- Making your windows, doors and more, involves a low impact manufacturing process, with energy efficient production
- There are no toxic by-products
- And most of our manufacturing waste is recycled
- Timber is your environmentally sensitive choice